Thursday, January 6, 2011

Days 123 and 124 - LibraryThing = Awesome Evil

Sometimes I just get sucked into something and, carried away with a boundless enthusiasm and passionate desire to be THE BEST at everything, I end up spending hours planting crops (damn you Farmville), killing 10 of various creatures and delivering virtual messages to virtual people (damn you World of Warcraft) or.... entering every single ISBN in my house onto the computer (thrice and double damn you LibraryThing!).

Yes, my husband and I are nerds of the saddest variety. We spent all last evening passing books back and forth, entering ISBNs, talking about our recommended reads and arguing over whether or not it mattered that the cover art provided wasn't identical.

I can't quite remember now why I thought it was so important that I do as much as I could as fast as I could, but I now have over 1,000 recommended reads - hopefully enough to keep me going for a while!

On a separate note, I'm concerned that none of the stories I'm working on are really firing my enthusiasm at present... I'll have to think about what to do next.

Word Count - 695

No comments:

Post a Comment