Sunday, March 27, 2011

Days 188 to 204 - Gah! My Internal Organs!!

Have I been blogging lately? No.
Have I been writing lately? No.
Have I been on a lot of drugs? You betcha!

Last Wednesday night I went into the hospital waiting room at 5.30 with SEVERE abdominal cramping. I was in bucket-loads of pain. By 9.30 I had morphine (ahhh....), by midnight I had a hospital bed and by Friday I had no appendix.

I've spent the last week slowly recovering and wishing I was back in hospital where all I had to do was sleep and keep taking injections. In hospital, the lovely nurses kept all the cats in the world from jumping on my stomach (to be fair, I only have to worry about one at home, but that's still one too many when you're talking about surgery wounds) and my toddler was too short to jump on the bed in the morning and yell "Hi Mummy! You're all better now!" and throw himself on me.

But aside from my loved ones and pets trying to kill me, I'm actually a lot better now. I did try doing a bit of writing in hospital, but I was groggy and in a lot of pain, and it didn't work out well.

I am going to get back into the habit of every day - it was good for my writing because I hated having to write 0 next to word count when I'd been lazy!

Word count - 1,149

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no!

    I'm glad you're okay now (when you're not serving as a landing pad for small creatures).

    The fact that you have a word count so soon after that is incredible. You're an inspiration, even to the appendixed among us!

    ReplyDelete