Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 16 - The Slow Road of Fandom

When I was 20, what I wanted more than anything else was to write for the Star Trek ToS novels. Leaving aside what that aspiration says about my 20-year-old self, it was always a futile goal as I had absolutely no comprehension of how to even get in contact with the people who hired writers for that kind of thing.

Worldcon, that wonderful mecca of nerddom, has enlightened me! One of the panellists mentioned that she got to write for a franchise by writing awesome fan fiction that got noticed. Other people were telling me that a lot of the Dr Who script writers used to write Dr Who fan-fics. This all got me nostalgic to try writing something and so I've started a Star Trek story. I probably won't put it up anywhere, it's just for fun.

But that's what writing's all about, right?


Word Count - 675

No comments:

Post a Comment