Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 4 - The Car Ride to Eternity

Today I drove back from Melbourne to Canberra via Bendigo. This wasn't as terrible as it could have been. My toddler was so delighted to see me again that he was happy to just talk about what he'd done (which seemed to consist of "played with Grandma" and "fed horseys" and "watched Toy Story") and then play with his stuffed hippo Yes-No and eat sandwiches.

The lack of tantrums was good, because from 3pm all the adults had their ears glued to the radio trying to work out if Australia had a government yet.

We finally got home at about 8, and after driving hitchhiker Greg back to his luxurious 70s-styled pad I was so buggered that I got out only about 290 words. The funny thing is I'm kind of proud of that because really I didn't want to do anything except mock the Knight Rider remakes and then sleep.

It DOES mean that I have some catching up to do. I start my new job tomorrow, and I'm hoping that there's some writing time I can squeeze in on my lunch break.

One thing that's bothering me - did people in Regency England use contractions?

No comments:

Post a Comment