Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 2 - Romance Writers of Australia and the Hugos

Another day at the Con. This evening I felt too tired to go to the Hugo awards so I just stayed in my hotel room and followed it on Twitter. Congratulations to all the award winners! I thought it was pretty funny that Australia can't even vote in a Hugo award winner - the novel award was a split between 'The City and the City' by China Mieville and 'The Windup Girl' by Paolo Bacigalupi. There was some talk that there would be talks with the independents to see if they could form a winner. ^_^

In other news, I found out today that I am now a fully fledged member of Romance Writers of Australia. I love writing romance, and I was pretty stoked to get my membership number and logon. I found an anthology being put together by publishers Ticonderoga that is looking for submissions on the theme of Australian Vampires, so I spent a bit of time today working on a story I might submit to that. Today's word count was 1014 words, taking me to .15% of my goal. Yay!

Another busy Con day tomorrow! Last one before we have to head back to reality and, hopefully, some writing time that isn't in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment